SDMIMD JOM attaches a lot of importance to issues like ethics, values and governance both in its publication and in its practices. SDMIMD and the editorial board of SDMIMD JOM are committed to fair and professional production in all aspects publishing operations. SDMIMD JOM aims to publish original work of value to the intellectual community in the best possible form and to the highest possible standards. We expect similar standards from our reviewers and authors.
Honesty, originality and fair dealing on the part of authors; and, fairness, objectivity and confidentiality on the part of editors and reviewers are among the critical values that enable us to achieve our aim.
SDMIMD JOM endorses and behaves in accordance with the codes of conduct and international standards established by the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) and available free of charge on its website (http://publicationethics.org/). Relevant documents include: Code of Conduct and Best Practice Guidelines for Journal Editors and Code of Conduct for Journal Publishers.
The following edited extracts from COPE document crystallize key considerations for editors and authors:
- are accountable and should take responsibility for everything they publish;
- should make fair and unbiased decisions independent of commercial considerations, and should ensure a fair and appropriate peer review process;
- should adopt editorial policies that encourage maximum transparency and complete, honest reporting;
- should guard the integrity of the published record by issuing corrections and retractions when needed and pursuing suspected or alleged research and publication misconduct;
- should pursue reviewer and editorial misconduct;
- should make it clear to peer reviewers and authors what is expected of them;
- should have appropriate policies in place for handling editorial conflicts of interest
- should submit papers only on work that has been conducted in an ethical and responsible manner and that complies with all relevant legislation;
- should present their results clearly, honestly, and without fabrication, falsification or inappropriate data manipulation;
- should endeavour to describe their methods clearly and unambiguously so that their findings can be confirmed by others;
- should adhere to publication requirements that submitted work is original, is not plagiarized, and has not been published elsewhere;
- should take collective responsibility for submitted and published work;
- should ensure that the authorship (as represented in the byline for the paper) accurately reflects individuals’ contributions to the work and its reporting;
- should disclose relevant funding sources and any existing or potential conflicts of interest
We also respectfully demand the submission of 'Copyright declaration' by the authors to the 'Prior publication' for individual article.
This journal utilizes the LOCKSS system to create a distributed archiving system among participating libraries and permits those libraries to create permanent archives of the journal for purposes of preservation and restoration. More...